Janene’s Toolbox & Process
I utilize wonderful psychodynamic tools, therapy models such as IFS, Brainspotting, and Hypnotherapy, along with traditional psychotherapy models and interventions. These approaches allow access to the mid brain where trauma is stored. Reprogramming years of negative self-talk and self-destructive behavior can unfold.
Carl Jung encouraged therapists to learn and master many psychotherapy models, and create a tool bag of interventions. Yet, when we meet with our client, we as the therapist are to wipe the slate clean, with a fresh, white canvas, and go with what surfaces to serve the client in that moment. I fully agree with Jung’s advice.
Here are psychotherapy tools and interventions I use:
- Holding a safe, secure, nurturing space for vulnerability, exploration, expression and healing
- Our close, trusting therapeutic relationship
- Utilizing a strength based approach, incorporating Sparkling Moments
- The Miracle Question
- Socratic questions
- Self compassion
- The power of self care:
- Good nutrition
- Creative expression
- Communing with nature and connecting to one’s spiritual guide or God
- Deepening interpersonal relationships
- Making time for fun
- Deepened a loving relationship with our inner child
- Guided meditations
- Parts work: Being the internal witness of our inner parts with curiosity and compassion
- Brainspotting trauma work
- Hypnotherapy/stream of consciousness work
- Neuro-Linguistic Programing tools
- Role playing
- Voice Dialogue process
“Having compassion starts and ends with having compassion for all those unwanted parts of ourselves. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy.” ~ Pema Chodron, author of When Things Fall Apart
“The conscious mind may be compared to a fountain playing in the sun and falling back into the great subterranean pool of subconscious from which it rises.” – Sigmund Freud
I believe in tapping into the power of the subconscious mind as a resource for answers, and in aiding the transformational process. I also incorporate talk therapy, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, to help insights and understanding unfold.
Curiosity & Compassion: At times it seems easier to be kinder towards others than to ourselves. Our inner critic can sabotage self esteem and inner peace. In our work together, I serve as a facilitator to gently guide you towards self curiosity and compassion.
Moving Through The Pain: Grief and emotional devastation can sometimes hit like a tidal wave. Just as we would put our hands together and dive directly into a physical wave at the beach to prevent being smashed against the wet matted shore, we must do the same to make it safely through our inner waves of fear, anxiety and pain. As we work together, I provide a safe holding space for you to courageously dive into the emotional and mental tidal waves that come along. Moving through the pain with awareness and compassion allows us to ride through to a place of inner calm and peace. As we face and move through our painful challenges, unexpected insights and peaceful shifts in our state of mind and heart can occur.
I have a good listening ear, a wonderful tool bag of diverse therapeutic processes, and a heart full of compassion to gently guide you in your unique healing journey.
Therapy models I use:
- Emotional Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Brainspotting Trauma Therapy
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Motivational Interviewing
- Art Therapy